Wednesday, January 09, 2008

BREAKING NEWS - The Saga Down Under!

"I am no monkey. Please don't call me by fancy names either. That's not on" - Andrew Symonds on being asked if he was a homo sapien.


This picture did Harbhajan in. Hayden and Symonds used this picture to convince Mike Procter how Bhajji chewed his hat to taunt Symonds. Indian camp on the other hand said that the proof was inconclusive. They cited that Bhajji's hands were busy tucking his shirt and since he already had a turban on his head, wearing a cap over it would have incensed his community back home. "Sikhs don't even need to wear a helmet in India for that very reason" - remarked Sachin in the meeting. However, Procter was convinced beyond doubt that Bhajji should go.



"It's all upto the almighty - the ALL-Mighty Aussies, I mean. They propose (appeal), I dispose (uphold their appeals). It is one happy setting you see. If you could take Sachin's Helmet Before Wicket in the right spirit, why create such a furore now? Rahul was anyways boring everyone out, wasn't he? I am 61, show me some respect" - Bucknor seems to be telling the Indian team.


"Mission accomplished. We played quite well indeed even though Indians made it simpler in the end"


"Waahe guru ji da khalsa, waahe guru ji di fateh. Not me again by God. Assi te sirf 'Maa Ki' bolya si..te us khote de puttar ne usse 'Monkey' samajh litta. Mainu bacha le rabba..aur comeback nahi hote mere se ab. Almight Father, holy be your name..bacha le mainu, don't put me to shame"

"Aggression is not cultivated. It's in there..in your whole personality. I am not Yuvraj or Dhoni going around with actresses and trying to look presentable everywhere. I can express..and I don't care if I wear my trousers 6 inches above the waist and don't get to endorse any clothing line. I deliver when it is upto me. Umpiring and Gamemanship aside, there is only one player in the team playing to win and you know who."

"We won the bout maite..That's how we Austraaliens plaaiye - hard and fair. Oiee feel that Bhajji is racist. What's the bid deal maite? Lehmann and Deano too were. And what about grassing the catch? Pup (Clarke) needed encouragment. We plaaiye for each other in Austraalia. Oiee just raised my finger to help him. Did oiee or did oiee not? " - Rocky Ponting after demolishing India and Australia's reputation as a World Champion side.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mast...missing Procter though

Rocky Goyal said...

I must say now... this IS a master piece. I enjoyed every bit of it. Hats off to you A/C.

a_n_u_r_a_g said...

@anon: hmm..i shud hv brought in both procter and rajeev shukla. they figured prominently in the entire episode. missed opportunity :(

@rocky: so u finally out of ur slumber to comment. thanks for appreciating.

Milind said...

Chandra bhayee, you could have included the 'sorrow' of Ms 'Shanti' 'Priyay' Deepika who flew all the way down to Australia to celebrate her birthday and gather some media attention. She would have planned all the comments she would give when asked about her and Yuvraj ... Poor she :(, cricket controversy played the spoilsport :(

Anonymous said...

interesting... very interesting... i like it. mogambo khush hua!!
here's my take:
http://utsavcelebrates.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/just-not-cricket/

a_n_u_r_a_g said...

@milind: Bhaisahab the whole thing was planned..Now that Yuvi is out of the test squad, the love-birds are spending some quality time together ;)

@utsav: Coming up, a mogambo special for you in the next blog. Thanks for visiting :)

AddThis Social Bookmarking Button

 
--- ---