Sunday, June 25, 2006

India Trip

Just as my flight touched base on the IGI airport in Delhi, I felt like a King who had returned to claim his kingdom. I behaved like one too. So I didn't care to declare the dutiable goods and walked in careless abandon through the Green channel knowing fully well that if caught I might have landed in trouble. But who cared, I was the King!

The King felt that he would be treated with awe anywhere he went but I had a reality check just as I reached home when my hippie looks didn't amuse Mom and I was asked to have a hair-cut the very next morning. With two weeks at my disposal, wasting an hour for having a hair cut was not difficult to accomodate. Though growing hair is the latest fad these days, I didn't have too many points on arguing about its pros and cons so I relented without putting up my case, a meek submission not befitting a King!

I also got a chance to have a 'I am not made for working for others' talk with Dad. When I told him that I wanted to enter some creative field quite removed from the daily hassles of working life, he looked at me in bewilderment. I also explained my business idea to him but the half baked ideas didn't find much audience. So next time around I am going to work on my plans and get back to him with something concrete.

Starting again after the sabbatical is a bit of a pain. Grocery shopping, office and work again..I am thinking of retirement now.

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmarking Button

 
--- ---